My name is Marlene Davis. I am a mother and an educator. I have 20 years of experience working with young children in Peru, Argentina, and the USA. I would like to share with you my knowledge and expertise in my new educational program that I have created for parents, teachers, and children, called Magic Discipline©. I have applied these principles at home as a mother and in my classroom as a preschool teacher and achieved positive results. I enjoy the wonderful blessing of being a mother and a teacher.
To schedule any workshops, please contact me.
ADD/ADHD at home and in the classroom
In this 2-hour workshop, parents and teachers will learn:
- 7 possibilities that can potentially produce hyperactivity in children’s behavior
- What is ADD/ADHD?
- ADD/ADHD causes, types and symptoms
- How to engage children’s attention
- Why stimulants don’t work
- Finding the positive! Finding the strengths! on ADHD
- 10 of the best strategies for coping with ADHD
To schedule a workshop for your school, contact me at (602) 292-7237.
What Every Woman Should Know About Depression
In the United States, 1 out of 3 women suffer with depression. Many of these women insulate themselves from the outside world and suffer alone and quietly. The horrendous symptoms they face are leaving them incapable of fulfilling their roles as wives and mothers.
This is how to efficiently cope with depression and how to live your life with passion and excitement.
- Can diet eliminate the most essential neurotransmitters for optimal mental health?
- The internal battle between two minds.
- Effective techniques to change toxic thoughts to positive and uplifting thoughts.
- 12 powerful coping strategies to overcome depression and anxiety attacks.
- BraINspiration: physical movements, breathing exercises, and meditation.
- See your strength and see the positive in depression.
- Discover your true self and live life with passion.
Active Advocate Program for Children © (SEI)
We engage energetically and passionately in our belief that Social Emotional Intelligence is the force and the power for children to succeed at school and live to their highest potential. Conflicts are an inevitable part of human interaction. We help children become active advocates in self regulation, problem solving, and how to turn children’s hyperactivity into productivity.
Public schools spend only 1.6 percent of the school week developing SEI skills in students.
We live in a busy, fast, and over-stimulated world. Parents are struggling to cope with the most important role of being a parent. On the other hand, teachers are burned out with high demands to meet higher performance expectations on an individual or organizational basis. This situation creates a sense of emotional exhaustion. As a result, children are starving for attention, nurturing and structure. When children’s emotional needs are not met they will act in hurtful ways. We do not accept labeling children as a bad child. Instead, there is a hurt child. We strongly believe that children are capable to make positive changes. With time and effective training we can reach that goal. The Active Advocates program for children is an in-depth six week training that teaches children ways to explore, express, release, compose, and connect with their feelings and emotions and become Active Advocates on Social Emotional Intelligence in their school and community.
Skill #1 - ABCDE Connect with Feelings and emotions
- About me and about others
- Believe you can and you will
- Capable to compose and make positive changes
- Demonstrate respect with language and actions
- Embrace successful learning
Skill #2 - Self-Regulation Strategies
- Breathing techniques and latin music
- Notice and name your emotions
- Using positive language
- Positive affirmations and journaling
Skill #3 - Be Fully Present
- Children will learn how to quiet their over stimulated mind and improve their concentration and eliminate distractions.
- Mindfulness Meditation
- Basic Yoga
Health Effects of Energy Drinks on Children and Adolescents
For ages 14-18
- Side effects
- Dependence and withdrawal
- What does caffeine do to the brain?
- Caffeine addiction
- The truth about sugar
- Prevention and solutions
Dopamine - The “Motivation Molecule”
For ages 14-18
- What does dopamine do?
- Symptoms of dopamine deficiency
- A healthy diet to increment dopamine
- Latin dance to boost dopamine
- Increase dopamine with meditation
Brain Research and the Power of the Word of Wisdom
Keeping the word of wisdom will receive blessing of health, wisdom and knowledge. —D&C 89:18-21
“You have an extraordinary ability to determine, achieve, and maintain optimal levels of intelligence, mental health, peace, and happiness, as well as the prevention of disease in your body and mind.” —Dr. Caroline Leaf
“Your brain is the hardware of your soul. It is the hardware of your very essence as a human being; you cannot be who you really want to be unless your brain works right.” —Dr. Daniel Amen
6.4 million American children ages 4-17 have been diagnosed with ADHD
“The theory is people with ADHD have a brain that’s a little bit thirsty for dopamine and increasing dopamine levels allows an ADHD brain to function better.” —Dr. Walker
“FOOD is the main cause of ADHD. The study found that in 64% of children with ADHD, the symptoms were caused by food. It is a hypersensitivity reaction to food.” —Dr. Russell Blaylock
In this educative workshop you will learn:
- What is the cause of a chemical imbalance in the brain
- Recent statistics of mental disorders in the U.S
- The era of “Grab and Go”
- Top 10 worst GMO foods
- Healthy diet! Healthy brain!
- Brain gym exercise
Live Your Life to Your Fullest Potential
“All your dreams come true if you have the courage to pursue them.” —Walt Disney
How to turn your dreams into reality
- The power of courage
- Discipline and Imagination
- Goal setting and taking action
- Believe that you can and you will
Automatic Negative thoughts can destroy your dreams
- The power of thoughts
- How to change negative and hurtful thoughts for positive and uplifting thoughts
- F.E.A.R false evidence are not real
- Procrastinate my goals and dreams
Healthy diet Happy Brain
- Can what you eat affect your emotional state?
- The truth about sugar
- Brain function and neurotransmitters
- Natural and effective ways to overcome depression and anxiety attacks
- BRAINSPIRATION © techniques with Latin music/dance
- Great ideas for healthy quick meals
Live your life to your fullest potential
- Sharing profound stories of Faith, courage and determination